Monday, April 3, 2017

Ronde van Vlaanderen: A Walk in the Park

Surprising most everyone, except himself, Philippe Gilbert (Quickstep) was able to stay way off the front of the race, all of the way to the line.  His lead was so massive that he actually got off of hisbike and walked across the line saluting the crowd.  As soon as he did finish, he raised his bike over his head in a joyful celebration.  He had prove the old adage of Jens Voigt, that if you go in the break you may have a chance of winning, if you don't go in the break you have no chance at all.

Chapeau, Philippe!

The next race I will be painting with be the famous Paris Roubaix in just one week's time.

This is a small watercolors and ink painting measuring just 4"x6" and was created using Yarka St. Petersburg watercolors and Steve Quiller brushes from www.richesonart.com.  This painting and all of my Olympics artwork will be available through my artist website at www.greigleach.com.  To purchase this particular painting just follow the direct link at the end of this post.  It is only $75 USD and international shipping is available.

It seems that the gremlins have reappeared in my interface with technology.  I am unable to upload the artwork to my website so if you are interested in purchase this piece please email me at greigsart@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment